Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Jayce!!!


Wow, where to begin on such a special occasion? Somehow, I’ve always thought of you as my big brother, even though you’re WAY younger than me… you are a teensy bit taller so there is that. All my memories of our spending time together are incredibly special to me… and not just because you always make me laugh my butt off (a definite bonus), or because you taught me how to be a responsible car owner, or troubleshoot my computer (again, all bonusii, but …) I think we are kindred spirits, similar in so many ways… and I learn so much having you in my life. I am constantly amazed by all the information you’ve got going on in your brain. There have been so many times when we’re talking about some new topic, and as you speak, I find myself thinking: Why does Jayce know about this...? or, Ouch, I think my brain just got bigger.
I love that feeling!
Be sure to enjoy the memories you form this year because after 40 your short-term memory is toast. I miss you three on a regular basis and can’t wait to see you all as soon as possible so we can celebrate your chronological aging and eat cake! Wishing you love and happiness on your big day – please ask Kristin to give you a big hug from me. 
I love you – Amy
Ps. The photo was taken at my 40th! xo


1 comment:

  1. You are great company and I too enjoy our conversations. Being around you makes me feel smarter... wait that didn't come out right.

    You know I know I love you and do think of you as my sis. Kindred indeed.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete